Ministry of the Interior and Safety releases English policy videos
The Ministry of the Interior and Safety is distributing English-language videos showcasing an AI import-food system and an emergency service as part of international outreach.
South Korea's Ministry of the Interior and Safety said on Aug. 6 that it had begun distributing two English-language videos on public-administration policies, featuring an AI import-food screening system and an emergency-call service.
One video highlights the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety's SAFE-i24 system, which uses digital technology and AI to automatically review and clear low-risk foods that are imported repeatedly, around the clock.
SAFE-i24 handled about 120,000 import declarations without human intervention last year, the ministry said.
The other video covers the National Fire Agency's 119 emergency-call service, whose users preregister health information and emergency contacts so responders can view it during an emergency. During a residential flooding incident in Saha-gu in Busan in July 2024, responders used preregistered data to rescue all residents. The service had 1.02 million subscribers in the first half of 2025, about twice its level at the end of 2022.
Park Su-deok, director general for international administrative cooperation, said, "We hope these videos will provide an opportunity to share our outstanding policies and innovative experience with the international community and improve administrative capabilities in countries around the world."
What this article is based on
Every fact in this article can be checked against the primary documents below.
- Regulatory filing행정안전부 재난안전 보도자료· 행정안전부· accessed Aug. 6, 2026
© New Era Korea Daily. All rights reserved.
More in Life & Safety
- Food and drug safety ministry secures Indonesia's halal concessions for K-beauty
- Labor ministry moves to revoke certification over disabled worker rights violations
- Interior ministry launches public-data portal pilot with AI search
- Culture ministry unveils 9,883 travel sites picked by public
- Interior ministry orders emergency response after Geoje downpour